By Hui Ying (7 years old)
Last Sunday, a young cyclist wanted to cross the road. However, he did not look left or right before he did so. That turned out to be a big mistake because a car crashed into him and sent him flying off his bicycle.
The reckless cyclist was badly injured. He lay unconscious on the gravel road and was bleeding profusely. The car driver quickly called the ambulance with his mobile phone.
Soon the ambulance arrived. The paramedics stopped the bleeding and checked the cyclist for other injuries before putting him onto a stretcher. They placed him carefully in the ambulance and sped towards the hospital with the siren wailing loudly.
After a week-long stay in the hospital, the cyclist returned home in a wheelchair. He was glad to be home in one piece. He promised his parents to look left and right before crossing the road in the future.
- Obey Thy Mother (by Jessica L.)
- Reckless Cyclists (by EN)
- A Road Accident (by Freya)
- A Helpful Boy (by Abel)
- Fifth London cyclist dead in nine days after midnight collision with bus (metro.co.uk)
- Increase Awareness Safe Cycling (myparkingsign.com)
- Five cyclists die in London within nine days (eadsolicitors.co.uk)
- Cyclist killed in ‘hit-and-run’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Passersby rush to help injured cyclist in Fulwell (sykose.com)